OTC Announces 2011 Spotlight on New Technology Award Recipients
RICHARDSON, Texas, USA (9 March 2011) – The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) has announced 15 technologies that will receive the 2011 Spotlight on New Technology Awards recognizing innovative new products that provide significant impact for offshore exploration and production. The awards will be presented at 4 p.m. Monday, 2 May, at OTC, which occurs 2-5 May at Reliant Park in Houston.
The Spotlight on New Technology program gives exhibitors an opportunity to gain visibility for their latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies at the world’s largest event for the development of offshore resources.
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
- New – less than two years old
- Innovative – original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionizing the offshore E&P industry
- Proven – through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest – broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact – provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
"The Spotlight awards have become a highlight of OTC because they focus attention on the innovative and advanced technology that enables the oil and gas industry to find and produce offshore resources in extreme conditions and deepwater environments. This year’s award recipients represent a broad range of technologies and solutions. We congratulate our 15 recipients," said Susan Cunningham, 2011 OTC chairman.
Spotlight recipients and products for 2011:
- Baker Hughes - Kymera™ Hybrid Bit Technology
- Baker Hughes - geoFORM™ conformable sand management system with Morphic™ technology
- Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd. - Canrig SureGrip™ Ball-and-Pocket Gripping Technology
- Halliburton - CleanWave™ Water Treatment Service
- MyCelx Technologies Corp - MyCelx Clean Water Technology System
- National Oilwell Varco - ShearMax™ Low Force Casing Shear Rams
- PG Pump Solutions and Techni - PG-MAPS®
- REELWELL AS - Reelwell - Multi Gradient System
- SBM OFFSHORE NV - High Voltage Electric AC Swivel
- SBM OFFSHORE NV - COOL® HOSE
- Schilling Robotics, LLC - Heavy-Duty ROV
- Schlumberger - Dielectric Scanner® Multifrequency Dielectric Dispersion Service
- Schlumberger - SonicScope® Multipole Sonic-While-Drilling Service
- Twin Filter BV. - Dynamic Centrifugal Coalescer
- Weatherford International Ltd. - Deepwater Closed-Loop Drilling System
View more information about the winning technologies and download photos on the awards page.
Founded in 1969, the Offshore Technology Conference is the world's foremost event for the development of offshore resources in the fields of drilling, exploration, production and environmental protection. OTC is held annually at Reliant Park in Houston. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org/2011.
OTC Media Contact